NCCJ's signature program: ANYTOWN™
Session I: June 26 - July 1; Session II: July 17-22
Applications will be available this fall - check back in November
Why should students go to ANYTOWN?
- Students every year use their ANYTOWN (and After-ANYTOWN) experience for college essays and many receive scholarship awards. Being involved with ANYTOWN is a great way to stand-out from other college applicants.
- NCCJ is one of Guilford County School's leading service-learning partners. Students earn 40 service-learning hours by attending ANYTOWN and can earn even more hours by participating in follow-up activities.
- Young people learn how to create positive change and find out about leadership opportunities.
- It's fun and they won't be bored! Every year we have to push ANYTOWN participants on the bus to go home on Friday because no one wants to leave.
What is ANYTOWN?
ANYTOWN™ is a week-long residential summer program conducted at Blowing Rock Conference Center in the beautiful North Carolina mountains. Not your typical summer camp, ANYTOWN provides Guilford County students with a unique opportunity to live and interact with a diverse group of students who come together to build a community based on inclusivity, respect and understanding. The days are full of engaging workshops and intense discussion groups along with fun games and electives.
Who goes to ANYTOWN?
Each session includes about 68 delegates (rising high school juniors and seniors), 12 peer counselors, 12 adult advisors and 2 directors. ANYTOWN staff are highly qualified community leaders along with ANYTOWN graduates, all committed to bringing the magic to new students every summer.
Delegates must reside in Guilford County and be
physically and emotionally able to participate in challenging discussions about their attitudes and experiences around human relations issues; they should speak English well enough to express themselves in group discussions and interactions with peers. Participants must attend for the entire week.
New: Read here what Mark Janke, Northwest High Class of 2013 (above, center) says about his ANYTOWN experience
How much does it cost?
ANYTOWN tuition and fees are $650 and include:
• Round trip transportation via chartered bus to and from Smith High School in Greensboro
• Three catered meals daily, plus snacks
• Lodging, facility fees, ANYTOWN T-shirt and group photo
• Materials, programs, speakers and so much more
Generous need-based financial aid is available to delegates. Click here for an ANYTOWN Financial Aid Application (a PDF version as well).
What are your deadlines?
April 17: “Early Bird”-Apply and pay in full by this date, and we’ll waive your $50 registration fee
April 17: Priority deadline for financial aid
May 15: Apply and pay in full by this date, and be entered into a raffle to win $100 off ANYTOWN tuition
May 15: Second round deadline for financial aid
ANYTOWN delegate applications will be accepted until both session of ANYTOWN are full and can guarantee diversity.
Still have questions? Feel free to contact Megan Sappenfield