Celebrate Champions of Inclusion
NCCJ’s 2022 Citation Award honorees are Addy & Paul Jeffrey and Linda & Tom Sloan. We will gather to honor and celebrate the Jeffreys and Sloans at NCCJ’s annual Citation Award Dinner. Co-chaired by NCCJ’s Board of Directors, this event will take place on Wednesday, November 9, 2022 (both in-person at the Koury Convention Center in Greensboro, and livestreaming.)
Each year, NCCJ presents the Citation Award to leaders in our Triad community in recognition of extraordinary efforts to fight bias, bigotry, and racism and make our community a better place for all of us — not just some of us. Learn more about our honorees – both past and present.
You can participate in the Citation Award Dinner as a sponsor or individual ticketholder, or make a gift to support NCCJ’s work.
Know someone who should be recognized for their efforts to make our community a more inclusive and compassionate? Nominate them for NCCJ’s Citation Award!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I sponsor the Citation Award Dinner?
Do you value inclusion? As a sponsor of the Citation Award Dinner, you:
1. Invest and engage in the Triad community through your sponsorship.
2. Make a powerful statement about the value you place on diversity, inclusion, and respectful dialogue across all segments of our community.
3. Reach hundreds of local businesses, organizations, and community leaders at one event.
4. Support NCCJ — an engaged, equipped organization working to build bridges of respectful communication across lines of difference; advance inclusion and equity; equip young leaders with the knowledge and skills they need to thrive in a diverse world; and make the Triad an even better place for all of us (not just some of us).
5. Reach tomorrow’s leaders today. Our Anytown graduates are actively shaping our community. The youngest are in high school now and already making waves. They will be even more influential in years to come as they attend college, start careers, and deepen their civic engagement.
As a sponsor, how will I be recognized?
All sponsors will be recognized in newspaper ads placed in publications such as the Carolina Peacemaker, the Triad Business Journal, and Triad City Beat. You will also be listed here on NCCJ’s website. In addition, sponsors are recognized the night of the Dinner in two highly visible ways: in a list in the dinner program that’s shared with every guest and sponsor; and on a sponsor slideshow that’s part of the evening’s program. Plus. organizational sponsors at or above the Inclusion Champion level now have the option to highlight a team member who has gone above and beyond to create a more inclusive workplace with the “DEI Spotlight.” Click here to learn more about sponsorship levels and their benefits.
Do I need to pay for my sponsorship now?
No, pledging now doesn’t have to mean paying now! We can invoice you on the date of your choice (any time before June 30, 2023.) You can fulfill your sponsorship pledge in one payment, or in installments – whatever works best for you. Simply fill out the table sponsorship form and let us know when to send your invoice.
OK, I’m in! What can I expect now?
That’s great! We’re grateful for your support. First, we’ll be in touch to confirm your sponsorship. Next, you can begin inviting guests to fill your spots. Gloria Hoover will be in touch with all of the details that you will need to make this a fun, inspiring experience for you and your guests (if you choose to attend virtually, she’ll share any links you will need to participate in the virtual reception and watch the program.) As we get closer to the day of the Citation Award event, you will receive reminders. If you have questions at any point, just let us know – we’re here to help!
Who are your past Citation Award honorees?
Each year, and for the past many years, we’ve honored a distinguished list of community icons whose outstanding work and service have made an important impact for our community. We’re proud of all of our Citation Award honorees. You can learn more about them here.