What to Expect: 2021 Citation Award Dinner
October 10, 2021
Category: Citation Award Dinner
Tags: Citation Award, Citation Award Dinner, Community, Community Program, Diversity, Equity, Honoree, Inclusion, NCCJ, Respect, Virtual Program, Youth Leadership,
**Update: NCCJ’s 2021 Citation Award Dinner took place on Wednesday, November 10. Click here to watch a recording of the livestreamed event.**
NCCJ will honor Betty Cone and Kitty & Earl Congdon with the Citation Award at our 55th annual Citation Award Dinner. Chaired by Derek Ellington, this year’s event will take place both in-person and virtually (via livestream) on the evening of Wednesday, November 10, 2021. CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE LIVESTREAM.
Each year, NCCJ presents the Citation Award to leaders in our Triad community in recognition of extraordinary efforts to fight bias, bigotry, and racism and make our community a better place for all of us — not just some of us. (Learn more about our past honorees – from the 1960s to 2020.) We hope you will join us on November 10 for an evening of community-building, celebrating these remarkable honorees, and reaffirming our Triad community’s shared commitment to inclusion and respect.
Read on to learn more about what you can expect as an in-person guest, virtual guest, or event sponsor at the 2021 Citation Award Dinner. (Or click here to reserve your seat or sponsorship.)
What to expect as an in-person guest:
- We are strongly recommending that only fully vaccinated people attend the in-person event (however, we are not requiring proof of vaccination)
- In-person attendance is limited to 800 people. (Once we reach capacity, we will begin placing people who wish to attend in-person on a waiting list; we will notify you if seats open up. Consider joining us virtually for this powerful event.)
- Sponsored tables will seat a maximum of 10 guests unless sponsors request more distancing (if requested by October 22, each table of 10 guests will be split between two tables)
- Tables for ticket holders will seat 6 guests
- We ask that all guests wear a properly fitted mask unless they are actively eating or drinking
- Food and beverages:
- We never serve pork or shellfish
- Need a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free meal? Just let us know by November 1
- In-person event schedule:
- 5:45 PM – Distanced reception with cash bars
- 6:45 PM – Welcome and dinner served
- 7:15 – 9 PM – Program
What to expect as a virtual guest:
- All ticket holders and guests of a sponsor will receive a carryout meal from a locally owned restaurant.
- You can choose from great restaurants throughout the Triad. Greensboro options are 1618 On Location, Dame’s Chicken and Waffles, GIA, and Green Valley Grille. High Point Options are 98 Asian Bistro and Chop House. (Winston-Salem option TBA)
- All carryout meal options must be selected by noon on Monday Nov. 1
- Virtual event schedule:
- 6:45 PM – Virtual reception
- 7:15 – 9 PM – Livestreamed program
Here’s what to expect as an event sponsor:
- As an event sponsor, you can choose to fill your table(s) in-person or virtually — or a combination of both. See above for more details on how each attendance type works.
- For the in-person event, sponsored tables will seat a maximum of 10 guests unless sponsors request more distancing (if requested, each table of 10 will be split between two tables)
- Hybrid attendance- – if you have some guests who want to attend in-person and some who want to attend virtually, we can do that! Just let us know by Monday, November 1
- 1-page overview of all event sponsorship levels and their associated benefits
- NEW this year! NCCJ wants to help you celebrate and showcase the work your company has done to advance diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) in a special presentation at the Citation Award Dinner. This opportunity is available for sponsors at the Inclusion Champion level ($2,500) and above. Interested in spotlighting someone who has championed DE&I work within your organization? We will need all materials for your spotlight by Monday, November 1. Email Erika Rain Wilhite or call her at 336-272-0359 x 150
No matter how you choose to attend, Gloria Hoover, NCCJ’s Development Manager, will be your staff liaison for this event. Please ensure that you share your preferred contact information (email address, phone number) with NCCJ so that Gloria knows how best to reach you. She will be in touch to share information and ask questions to ensure that you have a great experience. If you still have questions about the Citation Award Dinner (or haven’t seen any emails from Gloria yet) please reach out by emailing her or calling 336-272-0359 x 160.